TigerText is an app that can be used for text messaging between portable devices and, importantly, contains security measures that comply with HIPAA regulations. Convenient features included in the free version:
- Security: 256-bit encryption with optional PIN lock.
- Check receipt of messages: to ensure your messages are sent to the intended recipient. You can check who has read your message and their IP address as well as the time the message was read.
- Message lifespan: the user can set the duration that sent messages will be visible before they expire (anywhere from 5 min – 30 days).
- Message recall: messages sent can be recalled, before or after the recipient has read the message.
- Group messaging: ability to customize groups to text your medical teams.
- Send photos, video and audio: send photos from your cell phone or take photos directly through the app. The photos taken will not be saved on your personal photo library. Video and audio can be recorded through the app.
- Push notifications: message alerts are pushed to your phone, even when the app is not open. You can select from several different alert tones.
- Do Not Disturb: when you are not on call or at work, you can simply turn on the “Do Not Disturb” feature to block any incoming messages. This status is viewable by senders. Messages will be viewable the next time you log in.
Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tigertext&hl=en